Its not all about being a Leader – wearing a Necker, running a section etc.
In Scouting there are MANY different ways of helping!
Here are a few areas that you can help us right now – from as little as an hour or two a month …. to a lot more. Its upto to you. If you have the passion and a bit of “Roll-up-sleeves-and-get-stuck-n”‘ability … we would like to hear from you!
- we are about to embark on a project to build a NEW scout hut to last for another 50+ years! But its going to cost £400,000 We need help. and to put the FUN into fundraising… from getting everyone to fill a smarty tube with 20p;’s to fundraising quiz nights and more.. Or, if you know any professional fundraisers??
- We need help finding and applying for grants – large and small.
- Basically – we need a team of people who focus purely on this!
- 6 Sections and 50+ different badges …. managing our badge stock is a headache [and I know I’m not selling it well!] The more badges we buy it means that we are awarding MORE badges, which means our Young People are EARNING them!
- Can you help – its probably and 1 a week?
Group Executive – The glue that holds us together!
Seriously … without this team we would be able to operate …. we need PARENT members …. someone to represent the parents in the group [think of it like Parent Reps on at PTA … but more fun!] The Exec is responsible for the day-to-day management of the group – The building, our bills, money, subs, upkeep and for both supporting the leaders work … and keeping us in check. Making sure we aren’t doing anything wrong
If you want to know more about any of the roles – email Marc Brunel-Walker – GSL@1stCrowthorne.co.uk